Patrick G. Curley, Certified Elder Law Attorney
Attorney Patrick G. Curley is an Elder Law and Asset Protection Specialist. He focuses his practice on protecting clients' families, homes, savings, and independence – whether planning in advance or in a crisis.
After graduating as Valedictorian from Wakefield Memorial High School, Patrick earned his undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College and his law degree in 1997 from the University of Michigan Law School, which is among the top 10 law schools in the country.
Patrick leads Curley Law Firm LLP, one of the premier Estate Planning and Elder Law firms in Massachusetts. Under Patrick's leadership, the firm has grown to include three Attorneys and four professional staff – with over 50 years of combined legal experience in Elder Law.
Patrick is among approximately two dozen Certified Elder Law Attorneys* in MA. He earned this prestigious distinction by completing a process that requires years of focused Elder Law and Estate Planning practice, a full-day national Bar-style Exam, extensive continuing legal education, and multiple peer references from other expert Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorneys.
Patrick has been selected for inclusion to Massachusetts Super Lawyers since 2011. Selections are made by Super Lawyers based upon peer nominations and research, comprehensive evaluation, and further peer review within the attorney's primary area of practice.
A volunteer member of the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (MassNAELA), Patrick helps lead this distinguished organization of more than 500 attorneys focused on improving the lives of seniors and disabled individuals in Massachusetts. Patrick is a member of the leading local and national Elder Law and Estate Planning associations including National NAELA, Wealth Counsel (a national organization of Trust and Estate Attorneys who design sophisticated planning strategies), and Elder Counsel (a national organization of Medicaid and Asset Protection Planning Attorneys). He frequently participates in national and local conferences with the leading attorneys in the country. Because of his recognized expertise, Patrick is a frequent speaker, writer and television commentator on Elder Law and Estate Planning topics.
Patrick resides locally and especially enjoys his time with his wife, Erin, who is a public school teacher, and their children, Alan and Hannah.
*The National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) is the only national organization accredited by the American Bar Association to certify attorneys in Elder Law. NELF is a private organization, whose standards for certification are not regulated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Areas of Practice:
- Elder Law
- Asset Protection
- Estate Planning
- Medicaid-MassHealth Planning
- Estate Administration
- Wills and Trusts
- Real Estate
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan,
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire,
- London School of Economics and Political Science, London, England, 1993
- Honors and Awards:
- Recognition and Commendation from Los Angeles Police Department, Board of Police Commissioners, and City of Los Angeles
- Eagle Scout
- Preservation Award, by Wakefield Historical Commission, 2004
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2014
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (MassNAELA)
- Volunteer Member, Board of Directors
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Big Brother-Big Sister Mentoring Organization, Massachusetts Chapter
- Elder Counsel
- Wealth Counsel
- Pro Bono Activities:
- President, Board of Directors, The Boit Home, Wakefield